A Workshop to help churches increase collaboration (or “How to save about $4,000 every year!”)
Want to eliminate most of your IT costs? This workshop will show you how!
Full Day Workshop
This full day workshop will be led by Patrick Steil, Webmaster for the North Texas Conference and owner of ChurchBuzz – a website agency dedicated to churches and non-profits.
Patrick will discuss and demo each of the services below to show you how they can transform your church staff and volunteers into a well oiled, collaborating team! You will learn enough about each tool to know why your church needs (or doesn’t need) each tool.
Most of these services are low cost or free, AND offer great benefits to your church beyond saving money!
Where and When?
The workshop will be held at the North Texas Conference Office from 8:30am to 4:30pm on two different dates:
- Tuesday: March 24, 2015
- Saturday: March 28, 2015
What you will learn
- You will walk away from this workshop with checklist of the tools to you want to “invest” time and/or budget in order to “do church” more effectively and for less cost!
- You will get your church setup on Podio and learn how to create powerful “apps” that you can use to organize your church, staff, volunteers (your life!) NOW! You will create several apps (databases) during the Workshop!
- You will learn how to save your church thousands of dollars and headaches!
- How to get access to $10,000 of FREE Google advertising (PER MONTH!) for your church or non-profit. Yes, it sounds too good to be true, but it is really true!
- BONUS! Access to over 20+ Apps built by the ChurchBuzz team specifically for United Methodist Churches to help you operate more effectively! Organize your church committees and more!
The audience for this workshop is anyone who manages or helps manage technology at your church. Your “IT guy/gal”, your “A/V” team, your Technology committee, your church secretary, youth director, pastor – whoever that may be.
FREE and low cost tools you will learn about in this Workshop
|Google Grants||Access to $10,000 of Google Ads each month. Access to entire Google Apps suite of tools. FREE for churches!|
|Google Gmail||Best email system on the planet for firstname.lastname@example.org. FREE for churches!|
|Google Drive||Collaborate with others via Docs, Sheets and Slides. FREE for churches!|
|Dropbox||Cloud based storage with built in backup. One account is sharable for all church staff.
Very Low Cost!
|Mailchimp||Send email based newsletters.
FREE for churches!
|Podio||Gives you the opportunity to collaborate like never before! Create your own church intranet. Store files, organize any data you want. Build your own “apps” to store data. This brings it all together.
FREE for churches!
|Animoto||Create professional videos from still photos or short video clips. FREE for churches!|
|Optimized Church Websites||The most powerful tool you have for attracting first time visitors. When they seek out a church, they need to find a great website!|
What to Bring
Each user should bring a laptop. If you don’t have a laptop, a tablet will work also.
- $99 includes FREE box lunch, water, tea
- $149 bring two people from the same church
- $225 bring three people from the same church
- Additional discounts for additional attendees, bring your whole team!
About the Instructor
Patrick has been working with computers since age 12 (34 years now)! His love for Technology and his passion to “love God, love Neighbor” inspired him to form ChurchBuzz back in 2010. Ever since he has been helping churches build better websites, social media sites and more. This year he wants to share the tools he uses to run his own company and that all churches can get these (most) tools for FREE!
Seating is limited to 50 attendees, sign up today!
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Having trouble submitting this form? Call Patrick @ 940-391-9250.